So I’m here. Into this blogging world. Why? To just try it!!! :D
Zzzzzzzzuuuuuurrrrrrrrrr…………..
‘From “Web log.” A blog is basically a journal that is available on the web. The activity of updating a blog is “blogging” and someone who keeps a blog is a “blogger.”‘ .
So technically speaking I’m a blogger now. Wah! I can finally tell people I have a longer name! “Minu… is that your FULL name?!?!”. Heard that question a zillion times. Now I can tell people I have a longer name. “MINU, the blogger”. For those of you, who don’t get this, please stand next to me when someone asks me to spell my name (M-I-N-U, and that’s it!!!). Can’t anyone in this world have a name that’s FOUR letters long??? I seriously want to talk to people with names Tom, Jim, Anu, Uma. Do they have similar problems??? Or is it just with the number “FOUR”?
Okie… Blogs. What shall I write as my first piece? Poems??? Cha… Poor William-s and John-s. I don’t want to trouble their blessed souls. Philosophy??? I’m just touching twenty (I know this is not an excuse. But dint get a better one ;) ). An anecdote? Ahem… to comment in local slang- “public public….” :)
Minu in a thinking mode… “What’ll be the first thing that comes to your mind when you think of writing a blog ? “ Suggestions start pouring in.
Friend1 : it will be better if they come up with blogs that reflect India’s problems and solutions.
Minu : hmmm… that’s good. But I have lots in mind that I can’t just put them in a single article!
Friend2 : Anything that has recently left a mark on my mind.
Friend 3 : The Mumbai attack…
Minu : Two things come to my mind… One, the attacks in Mumbai. Oh!!!! Hundreds of innocent people were killed. No human being with a heart will ever do that. All that the politicians will do is give some lakhs of money to each family, fight for sometime and then forget it… How long are we going to lose innocent lives in such ruthless acts? Undoubtedly Chennai is the safest metropolitan city. Hope you guys agree with me.
Two, incessant rains in Chennai. Of late, Chennai is experiencing an erratic climate. Huh…. No power, No TV, No Internet, No charge in the mobile, No roaming outside. I was literally VETTI…
This VETTI feeling made me start this blog. No harm in trying something. Right? I’m just giving it a shot. Don’t know if this‘ll work. Thanks to all my friends who motivated me to start a blog. If they had not motivated me, I would not have had the slightest intention to take a BOLD decision like this!!! Thank you!!! :)
6 comments:
lolzz...good beginning...hope you keep up with the good work and i logged into my long dormant blog to post this comment
Heres to new beginnings! :)
Well ANU is much much more common than MINU. That's the problem!
Vettiness is the mother of self discoveries! Happy blogging :-)
How did u blog when u had no internet, no power, no charge in mobile? I guess u need to have a four-lettered name that spells M-I-N-U to do things like this.
So, Minu's blogging. Hmmm!
@anirudh, @namrita, @iccha : thank you!!! :)
@kishore : nowadays i find a lot of minu-s :(
@harish : i din write this then. i jus said it made me feel vetti. and that vetti feeling continues.
Post a Comment