Sunday, December 7, 2008

5.7" and 50kg

Lean and tall. Maybe that’s a very pitiable combo that a girl can have in India (or is it the same everywhere? I have no idea).

Location1 : a readymade garments shop
Purpose : to get an approximately fitting salwar or shirt or kurti or skirt, whatever….
The woman at the shop who knows how to get her customer to buy something : “Sorry ma’am, we have kurtis only in small, large, XL and XXL size. You may try at the kids counter for XS. But I’m afraid it’ll be a bit short for you. You can buy these large sized ones ma’am! And we’ll adjust it to your size”….
Adjusting it spoils the beauty of the kurthi. A pretty embroidery work is cut. The beautiful design at the end of the sleeve is folded and made to look horrible.
Atleast if I were short, I would’ve tried the kids section. Unfortunately, I’m not. :(

Location2 : a jewellery PALACE (?)
Purpose : to buy a bracelet
The lazy man at the counter : “Sorry ma’am! We don’t have bracelets which’ll fit you. Try at the kids section!”
And the kids section has bracelets with TEDDY BEARS and those that jingle-jangle!!! Man!!! I’m a TWENTY year old girl! I can’t wear something like that!

Location3 : a footwear shop
Purpose : Isn’t it obvious from the location? Anyway, I wanted a pair of shoes in my first year. My college strictly instructed us to wear leather (atleast made of something that looks like leather) shoes for the labs.
The busy seller : “Sorry ma’am! Adult shoes start from the size 6. Size five is available in kids section only!”
Hello! Do you expect me to wear bubblegummers to college?!?

3 comments:

ice_fire said...

minu! get the hint then!you ve two options now :1) grow shorter( which is sorta not possible)2) put on weight!!!!

Harish said...

capital EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
small eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

sorry minu both dont suit u....caps is for adults. and small ones for children

Harish said...

Blogger A Crazy Guy said...

capital EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
small eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

sorry minu both dont suit u....caps is for adults. and small ones for children

December 14, 2008 6:29 AM

- Type panna porumai illa adhan copy paste...Aswin